Buy This If…
It’s hot outside and you’re having 20 friends over for a backyard BBQ which you’ve just decided will start with a cold brew and end with cold beers to follow.
- Prep Time: 5-7 min
- Brew Time: 12-24 hours
- Cups: 24 cups (add water to dilute if too strong)
- Brew ratio: 1:4.4
- In your mouth: Balanced and full-bodied with a long sweet finish
- Grind size: As coarse as your grinder will go
- Filtron felt filter
- 453 grams (1lb) of whole beans
- 2000 grams of water
- Burr grinder
- Use a brew ratio of coffee to water that is 1:4.4
- Grind 453g (1lb) of coffee on the coarsest setting possible.
- Insert rubber stopper into the Filtron and seal tightly.
- Pre-wet the felt filter with boiled water and place it in the bottom of brew device.
- Pour all ground coffee into the brew device and shake to evenly disperse.
- Add 2,000g of water and be sure to saturate and submerge all of the coffee grounds.
- Place plastic disk on top of the grounds, which helps to achieve even extraction.
- Put the top on the Filtron.
- Let the brew device sit for 12-24 hours.
- A 12 hour brew time will produce a thin body and at 24 hours the body will be thick.
- At your desired time, pull the plug and let the coffee concentrate drain into a glass jar or pouring device that can hold 2000g of water.
- When you pour into individual glasses, use (one) part concentrate to (three) parts milk, cream, or water.
- Throw some ice cubes in and stir.