Buy This If…
You need an extra kick-in-the-ass of caffeine in the morning. The longer the coffee brews the stronger it tastes and the more punch you get.
- Prep Time: 3 min
- Brew Time: 4 min
- Cups: 2 mugs or 4 cups
- Brew ratio: 1:17
- In your mouth: Heavy body
- Grind size: Coarse like breadcrumbs
- Medium Bodum French Press
- 1000g of 205F degree water
- 56g of coffee
- Burr grinder
- Use a brew ratio of coffee to water that is 1:17.
- Grind 56g of coffee to the size of bread crumbs.
- Heat up french press and plunger with hot boiling water.
- Discard water.
- Pour ground coffee into the French press.
- Start timer.
- Fill it up halfway ensuring that all the coffee grounds are wet and there are no dry spots.
- At one minute in, stir the coffee with a wooden spoon or chopstick.
- Fill it all the way to the top with water, right below where the glass spout begins.
- Put the plunger / lid on top to enclose the heat.
- At three and half minutes begin slowly pushing down so that you finish at four minutes.
- The faster you plunge the more bitter your coffee will be.
- Serve and sip!